ON THE CLOCK: none
ON DECK: none
I realized I was over-thinking the draft event. No need for Doodles or coordinating 20 families to be in the same virtual place at the same time. This is just two rounds, so there is plenty of time to handle this asynchronously through this forum.
The procedure is as follows:
Using a random generator, I determined that this will be the order for our two-round draft:
1. Hitter Squad B — Battin' Rouge King Cake Babies (Watson/Metairie, LA)
2. Pitcher Squad B — Tree Town Ninjas (Rozek/Ann Arbor, MI)
3. Hitter Squad G — Minnehahas (Edwards/Minneapolis, MN)
4. Hitter Squad H — Short Pump Pancake Breakfasts (Davidson/Richmond, VA)
5. Hitter Squad A — Owensboro Sluggers (Henry/Owensboro, KY)
6. Hitter Squad P — Staerker Stars (Staerke/Glenmont, NY)
7. Pitcher Squad A — Indiana Jones (Makice/Bloomington, IN)
8. Hitter Squad I — Thurber-Mingus Thunder Chickens (Christian/Frisco, TX)
9. Hitter Squad F — Honey Nut Ichiros (Sarver/Everett, WA)
10. Pitcher Squad C — Maryland Ninjas (Rose/Washington, D.C.)
11. Hitting Squad O — Greenwood Aglets (Reese/Greenwood, DE)
12. Hitting Squad S — Fishers Creepers (Gibbs/Fishers, IN)
13. Hitting Squad J — Awesome City Hardballers (Hardy/Redmond, WA)
14. Pitcher Squad F — Hillsborough Bombers (Idenden/Hillsborough, NJ)
15. Hitter Squad D — Butler Bounty Hunters (Krahn/El Dorado, KS)
16. Hitter Squad R — Deep River Circles (Garmendez/Round Rock, TX)
17. Hitter Squad L — Fairport Lally Gaggers (Lally/Fairport, NY)
18. Pitcher Squad T — Maryland Blue Crabs (Crossett/Eldersburg, MD)
19. Hitter Squad M — Chicago Hot Dogs (Harmon/Naperville, IL)
20. Hitter Squad K — Grand Theft Votto (Carpenter/Ripley, OH)
NOTE: For Round Two, we can safely split into two tracks for drafting the remaining pitching and hitting squads. Once the previous team needing hitting has selected, the next team needing hitting is free to draft. Same for pitching. The scheduled time slots will remain, but we should be able to complete this draft ahead of schedule.
21. Pitcher Squad J — Grand Theft Votto (Carpenter/Ripley, OH)
22. Pitcher Squad P — Chicago Hot Dogs (Harmon/Naperville, IL)
23. Hitter Squad C — Maryland Blue Crabs (Crossett/Eldersburg, MD)
24. Pitcher Squad L — Fairport Lally Gaggers (Lally/Fairport, NY)
25. Pitcher Squad G — Deep River Circles (Garmendez/Round Rock, TX)
26. Pitcher Squad D — Butler Bounty Hunters (Krahn/El Dorado, KS)
27. Hitter Squad Q — Hillsborough Bombers (Idenden/Hillsborough, NJ)
28. Pitcher Squad O — Awesome City Hardballers (Hardy/Redmond, WA)
29. Pitcher Squad E — Fishers Creepers (Gibbs/Fishers, IN)
30. Pitcher Squad S — Greenwood Aglets (Reese/Greenwood, DE)
31. Hitter Squad N — Maryland Ninjas (Rose/Washington, D.C.)
32. Pitcher Squad H — Honey Nut Ichiros (Sarver/Everett, WA)
33. Pitcher Squad N — Thurber-Mingus Thunder Chickens (Christian/Frisco, TX)
34. Hitter Squad T — Indiana Jones (Makice/Bloomington, IN)
35. Pitcher Squad R — Staerker Stars (Staerke/Glenmont, NY)
36. Pitcher Squad I — Owensboro Sluggers (Henry/Owensboro, KY)
37. Pitcher Squad K — Short Pump Pancake Breakfasts (Davidson/Richmond, VA)
38. Pitcher Squad Q — Minnehahas (Edwards/Minneapolis, MN)
39. Hitter Squad E — Tree Town Ninjas (Rozek/Ann Arbor, MI)
40. Pitcher Squad M — Battin' Rouge King Cake Babies (Watson/Metairie, LA)
|Available Pitching||Available Hitting|
Oh, and a 4th option ... Trade. There is a 48-hour window where teams can veto a trade (requires 4 to veto) on the site. For this weekend, though, we can handle that outside of the site and use a 24-hour window.
So, any deals made with players before Noon Eastern on Sunday will be in time to be legal by the time lineups are due Monday.
OK, could not log in, but saw my team and I think a position breakdown:
I was ok, with some of the abbreviations, but those above, I did not know.
Also, how many players do we choose for a game?
will check my players and their status on ESPN.
Thanks for bearing with me, new to all of this...
OF - Outfield
SP - Starting Pitcher
RP - Relief Pitcher
MI - Middle Infielder (Shortstop or Second Base)
CI - Corner Infielder (First or Third Base)
I think the rules said 12 starters.
1 Utility (any position)
And then 6 Pitchers (at least 2 SP and 1 RP)
And for what it is worth I LOVE questions. It means you are involved, geeked and ready to go.
I see, so we only use 1/2 the batting roster and 1/2 the pitching..
RIght. This was the format we used to use in my current league, until we expanded to a full 9-man offensive lineup about a decade ago. I actually prefer the smaller lineup because it facilitates more potential trades. Even with a 25-man roster, those extra guys have a surprising impact on a willingness to trade.
Battin' Rouge is replacing two players:
Kerry wood is on a 15 DL, but will be pitching soon but Dallas Braden was put on 60 DL, three days ago.
Can I have a SP as a RP? I think I am ok with Wood, but may need to exchange Braden... thoughts?
I'd be careful with Wood. He has a history of injury, and apparently is not going to come off the DL when he is eligible. You may need to cast about for a different guy.
Anyone who is currently inactive is eligible to be replaced.
For the disabled list, I will confirm when a player is place on our DL that he is on the MLB DL instead. However, I'm not going to actively police when he can come off (FanStar may do that already, so be aware). Personally, I don't mind if the DL is used to stash players; they will still have to be activated and replace someone else on the main roster to be of use this season.
So, yes, if at this moment Wood and Braden are both disabled, they can both be replaced. In my alternative timeline, Kerry Wood had a very different career trajectory.
Now if i replace them, they are gone? As in I do not get them back? If so, that gives me two choices, replace and lose, or accept the temporary shortage in order to keep the player.
If I do chose to replace them, where do I get the names for my new players?
You could re-sign them as free agents, but yes this Type 1 roster adjustment means you lose the player you drop.
If you think there is value in keeping your player for later in the season or as a keeper next year, a better option may be to put him on the disabled list and sign someone next week.
All of the players are on the FanStar website rosters. If you click "Depth" at top, you can look at MLB depth charts. The team names of rostered players are listed next to anyone you can't take.
Next question... how many can you have on your teams DL? I may lose Wood as others do not think to highly of him, but may keep Braden, will have to check his stats.